Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Mend

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.


Thomas Edison

 
It has been a long four days! The stomach flu hit our house- bad. Nothing makes you feel more like a single parent than being sick at the same time as your kids and no one is shoulder to shoulder in the trenches with you. We got through it, and it's opportunities like this that show me I'm stronger than I think am. It reminds me that everything is going to be okay.
 
There is something so sacred about holding a sick sleeping child in the middle of the night while the world sleeps- in the quiet, in the dark, feeling pain, feeling strength, feeling peace. God is there. Present through it all. I wouldn't trade those moments of stillness with my children for anything.
 
Today we are all on the mend- taking it easy and needing another day to get energy back- although my youngest seems to have enough for us all.
 
Workouts today:
Teach Zumba
 
My appetite hasn't fully returned, but I'll try to get consistent, clean meals in.
 
Four months until competition- gearing up to hit it hard in the gym.
 
xo, Dutchess
 

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You are doing the hard and sacrificial work. I am so grateful that you are holding on to Christ and His strength through all of this. What a blessing you are to your children, your friends, and your Savior. Love you.