Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Starting Line

Meet the trainer:
This is Kasey- she is AMAZING, intense, beautiful, and so full of life. She will be working me hard for the next 8 months..and beyond. I couldn't do this without her amazing energy and positive, go get em attitude. I will need that when I am pushing...crawling...through a hard workout.

I started my new diet today- Eating Clean. For the last couple of years I have tried to eat mostly primal/paleo, which means no grains. With this diet I will be eating a small amount of grains in the morning for lifting fuel. It is key that I eat small meals every 2-3 hours to keep my metabolism up. I have been horrible at this in the past few months- usually never eating breakfast, having a coffee, a bite of something for lunch, maybe an apple, and then after working out eating a larger dinner. I am so happy to be getting out of that bad habit! This way of eating is also very helpful for those with hypothyroidism.

Here's a day of eating: (for now, this will be changing frequently)
Meal 1-
4 egg whites 1 yolk
1/4 C oatmeal w/cinnamon
1/4 C blueberries
water

Meal 2-
1 C, nonfat greek yogurt (great source of protein!)
1 T almond butter
water

Meal 3-
4 oz chicken breast
2 C spinach
water

Meal 4-
6 oz tuna
1/2 banana (pre workout)

Meal 5-
 Protein drink
1/2 sweet potato (post workout)

Meal 6- Before bed if hungry
4 oz turkey breast
spinach salad w/veggies
olive oil

Workout Schedule:
Mon- Buns and Guns class  (I love Kasey for naming a class 'buns and guns' lol)
Tue- Teach Zumba followed by heavy lifting- one on one with K
Wed- Buns and Guns and Zumba
Thur- Teach and Weights
Fri- Buns and Guns
Sat- Teach a.m. Zumba
Sun- rest, rest, rest

*Buns and Guns is a weight lifting HITT class

With a workout schedule like this I will need every bit of those 6 meals! From now until Christmas I will be working on leaning out and building strength. After Christmas is when the real work begins. The intense pre competition training starts!!

I have a date with Brittany on Friday- you'll meet her soon! My lovely sister Karyn is joining me as well- look for their blogs soon.

Let the journey begin!!
xo- Dutchess





1 comment:

Mandy said...

where do you get the time lady?! i can't even get to the store by myself! blessings on this journey!