Sunday, October 23, 2011

Date

The date for my competition was released! Saturday, May 12th 2012 will be my first figure competition!! I am so excited and crazy nervous at the same time, but totally inspired and motivated. When I saw the date, I found myself saying 'Can I really do this? Will I make it?' The answer is YES!!

Today I was reading an article from a trainer and professional competitor. This best descibes the goal of a competition:

"Competing is just a goal to use as a CARROT to get in shape. The goal is not to compete but to be great (as you can be). We use contests to help us FOCUS. IF you come in dead last as many beautiful people do..don't worry..you are still beautiful!"

Right now my focus is leaning down and focusing on fat loss. Most girls are at about 10% body fat on competition day. This is not healthy or realistic to maintain long term, but okay for short term competition. Other competitors my height (5'8-5'9) seem to be ranging from 128-131 lbs. It's helpful to have this number in mind to focus on a goal. This is actually pretty realistic- I have 7 months to get there, and with my trainers help, I know I can do it.

I still don't feel great after my pumpkin treat last night...totally learned my lesson. I'm eating clean today, sticking to it and prepping for this upcoming week. 

I'll post my workouts tomorrow, but it starts bright and early tomorrow morning with my trainer. Bring it Monday!

xo, Dutchess

No comments: