Monday, October 10, 2011

Q and A

One workout down and one to go today- I am feeling SO much better, but not 100% yet, so I do need to take it easy. I teach Zumba tonight, my last class at this location. I'm bummed, but know this opens up more time to put in to other things.

Some of you concerned friends have had questions about my training and eating- here are some answers:

How are you getting enough calories and what do you eat with so many restrictions?

Here is my eating today:

Meal 1: Banana and 4 egg whites

Meal 2: Protein Shake w/ coconut milk, cucumber

Meal 3: 4.5 oz chicken breast, 1/2 sweet potato, onion, kale

Meal 4: 5 oz ground turkey breast, carrots

Meal 5: Protein shake (after workout recovery)

Meal 6: 5 oz salmon, cauliflower, salad, apple

**water and tea with meals and in between (decaf..boo)

Lots of clean food and good fuel for workouts!

How do you fit all this training in and still have family time?

This is a balance that I am working on. I do need to be at the gym some evenings to teach Zumba class for an hour, we live less than a mile away so my commute time isn't much. I have switched a bunch of my workouts to the morning so that I have time in the evenings with the fam. This will be something I will have to constantly be mindful of. When I set a goal, I push 100% to get there- part of the perfectionist in me that wants things done a certain way. ;) I could easily workout too much and burn out, so learning to rest and take down time will be something I work on. It's just as important as time lifting in the gym.

This also means I have to wake up at 4:45am to get my workouts in before Aaron goes to work- and if you know me, you know that I am NOT a morning person!!!

Are you going to take a bunch of chemical based supplements to bulk up?

Umm, eww, not a chance! I'm doing this all natural baby! :) The supplements I'm taking are vitamin D, Iron, thyroid, licorice, fish oil (gag), and an awesome multi vitamin.

Speaking of fish oil: I found out that my dr. sells the liquid oil that I'm currently taking, in capsule form. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!  I've been having a pep talk with myself three times a day for the last week to keep this stuff down and there is a capsule I can be taking?? Ugh. I'll finish this bottle...then no more!

It IS possible to take care of your family, have kids, have a business and train for a fitness competition AT THE SAME TIME. It takes a little more planning and organization (making meals for the week on the weekend, planning workouts, etc) but it is possible. So- MAKE IT HAPPEN, no excuses, no turning back, just get it done.

Yay for a good start to the week!
-Dutchess

No comments: