Thursday, October 27, 2011

Superfood

Sweet potatoes have to be my favorite starchy carb...oh and bananas, but these are SO good and good for you!

One medium sweet potato is full of beta-carotene and meets your daily need for vitamin A. It also provides nearly a third of the vitamin C you need each day. When eaten with the skin on, a sweet potato has as much fiber as half a cup of oatmeal, for about 100 calories.

The end of the week is hard- I'm usually sore and tired. I'm determined to finish this week strong!

Workouts today:
Insanity
Zumba
Abs
Demo class (sculpt) from a new instructor we just hired. I'll take this one easy so I can teach tonight!

I am starting to like feeling sore in a weird way, lets me know I'm doing the right thing and working my muscles. I'm staying positive today- determined, motivated, and STRONG!

Get it done!!
Dutchess

2 comments:

Mandy said...

how in the world are those cooked? they look different:)

Dutchess said...

haha I poked holes in them to let the steam out and then baked them- the sugars come and and carmelize...oh yum!!! It actually tastes like a dessert. :)