Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Game On

This is a new challenge game that my trainer has started between a group of us ladies- we have all put money in the pot and are working to be accountable. (click to enlarge)

Current pictures- a little frustrated in the progress. I'm definitely stronger, but it looks like I'm bulking up and not losing fat which just makes me look bigger. I'm choosing to trust my dr- he says it will come off and to keep up the training. Patience....my thyroid is totally lame.

Killer workout this morning- I was already dying and then K so sweetly says, 'this is our second warm up.' Great. It felt good and we pushed hard- by 7:15 one workout was done and I had already had Meal 1 of the day. I must love my trainer because I normally wouldn't be thrilled to hear someone saying 'Squeeze your butt cheeks!!' at 6 in the morning.

Today is a longer workout day- 3 hours in total. Tonight is kickboxing and Zumba. Get it done!

"Motivation is when your dreams put on work clothes."
-Benjamin Franklin

Meals for the day are ready to go- I've got a full day ahead, preparation is key! Today is all about the mental challenge of this journey, choosing not to be discouraged- focus focus focus and MAKE IT HAPPEN!

-Dutchess

8 comments:

Nadia said...

You are doing great, trust in the process, it just is going to take time, which you have a lot of still! Building muscle is so good for you, keep it up! It will pay off in the long run. Remember, strong is the new sexy. No one wants to be skinny fat, right? You look perfect!

Dutchess said...

And that is one of the many reasons I love you! Thanks for lifting me up- hate taking pictures during TOM- oh well. Yes- strong is sexy- thanks girl. xo

Big Daddy said...

LOL good job babe-you can do it! Squeeze those butt geeks!

Dutchess said...

Umm....butt geeks? Sorry, never heard of em. And 'big daddy' lol wow...we are a classy bunch.

Nadia said...

You guys crack me up!

Leslie said...

You look AMAZING!!! Wow---keep up the good work. I am in awe of how you balance your beautiful life so wonderfully. You encourage me to always refocus and rebalance. xo

Leslie said...

PS--I wish their was a 'like' button for the "butt geeks" comment.....haha :)

Dutchess said...

Thank you Leslie- you are so sweet. I miss our long training runs..and by miss I don't mean running 13 miles, but I dearly miss our laughter, singing smelly cat, wishing we were attacked by dogs, you keeping me going when I wanted to quit- all of it. Great memories. xoxo Love you